- Library 2.015 Worldwide Virtual Conference. “Instructing the Masses with an Army of One.“
- Annual Conference on Information and Religion, Kent State University, Kent, OH. “Social Media and Mainline Protestant Communities in the Middle West, ”Co-presentation with Josh Avery
- Boone Tree Library Association Biannual Meeting, Bristol, TN. “Evolving Spaces: A Look at Local Library Renovations”
- Bowen Central Library Association Monthly Professional Development Webinar, “Embedded Librarianship in Online Courses: Our Experience”, Co-presentation with Patrice Hall
- Big Talk for Small Libraries Virtual Conference. “Hacking the OPAC: How to Create a Free Online Library Catalog”
- Bowen Central Library Association Monthly Professional Development Webinar, “101 Uses for Padlet”
- King University Committee for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Workshop Series, Bristol TN , “Enriching Student Learning with Films on Demand”
- King University Committee for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Workshop Series, Bristol TN, “Copyright Do’s and Don’ts: Copyright Compliance for Educators”, co-presentation with J. Mongold
- Association of Christian Librarians 58TH Annual Conference, Huntington University, Huntington, IN.
- “Go Animate: Making Information Literacy Lively”
- “Exploring Best Practices in Integrated Learning in the Curriculum,” Co-presentation with N. Warwick
- North Carolina Library Association College and University Section Mini-Conference, University of North Carolina at Charlotte. “De-Compartmentalizing Distance Librarianship: Emerging Roles for Distance and Online Education Librarians”
- P-16 Summer Summit, Cleveland State Community College, Cleveland, TN. “Best Practices in Flipped Instruction for Librarians and Other Educators”
- Chattanooga Area Library Association Monthly Meeting, Lee University, Cleveland, TN. “Free Technology Tools to Make Library Instruction Portable”
- Bryan College Monthly Faculty Meeting (January), Dayton, TN. “Using Subject Guides to Assist Students with Research”
- Association of Christian Librarians 57TH Annual Conference, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA. “Using Google Sites to Create Library Research Guides”
- North Carolina Community College Sociology and Psychology Association Annual Conference, Greensboro, NC. “The Impact of Social Media in the Classroom”
- Appalachian College Association Annual Summit, Knoxville, TN. “Creating Stunning Infographics for Your Library”
- Atlanta Area Bibliographic Instruction Group (AABIG) Annual Conference, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA. “Defending the Value of the Academic Library: Proving Our Worth in the ‘Age of Outcomes’”
- Metrolina Library Association Instructional Technology Summit, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Library, South County Regional Library, Charlotte, NC. “Using Screen Cast-O-Matic for 21st Century Library Instruction”
- Association of Christian Librarians 58th Annual Conference (2014), Huntington University, Huntington, IN. “Academic Libraries and Student Retention”
- “The Tipping Point: Defining ‘Distance’ in the Academic Library—Trends, Roles, and Challenges” Panel presentation with Neely Tang, Stefanie Buck, Luann Edwards, and Priscilla Coulter at the Association of College and Research Libraries’ DLS Section Midwinter Virtual Webinar, Febuary 9th, 2015.
- “Keeping the Resume Fresh: Recent Alums Talk about their Job Search” Panel Presentation at the UNC-Greensboro LIS Student Career Day, Greensboro, NC, Febuary 26th, 2011.
Allen, S. (2015) “Delivering Library Services to Distance Learners: An Annotated Bibliography”. The Christian Librarian (58)2.
Allen, S. (2015) Review of Online By Design: The Essentials of Creating Information Literacy Courses by Yvonne Mery and Jill Newby. Journal of Library and Information Services in Distance Learning (9)3.
Allen, S. (2015) “Using Google Drive for Library Assessment,” in The Complete Guide to Using Google in Libraries: Instruction, Administration, and Staff Productivity, v.1, ed. Carol Smallwood. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
Allen, S. (2015) “Librarian Hacks”. The Christian Librarian (58)1 1-11.
Allen, S. (2014) “Shifting the Instructional Paradigm: Articulating a Set of Current Practices in Flipped Library Instruction”. Tennessee Libraries (64)3.
Allen, S. (2014) “Towards a Conceptual Model of Academic Libraries’ Role in Student Retention: A Literature Review”. The Christian Librarian (57)1 7-19.