As an instructional technologist and librarian, I give a number of presentations to faculty and students in face-to-face and virtual formats. When designing presentations, I am certain to:
- Adhere to good graphic design principles
- Incorporate hands-on learning activities
- Add images, charts, illustrations, and media to aid visual learners
- Provide links to articles, websites, and other resources for future learning
The following presentations are a sample of the presentations I have give to students, faculty, and conference attendees in my various capacities.
Community of Inquiry Presentation
I delivered this presentation to a group of faculty members in August 2016 at South College, Knoxville, TN.
Infographics in Education Presentation
I delivered this presentation to South College Faculty in a monthly workshop in July 2016.
The following is a selected list of presentations I have given at professional conferences and in faculty workshops. You can view the presentations by clicking on the links.
- “Mapping Uncharted Territory: Launching an Online Embedded Librarian Program,” Distance Library Services Conferences, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2016
- “Instructing the Masses with an Army of One: Extending Information Literacy Online with Limited Budget and Staff,” Library 2.0 Worldwide Virtual Conference, October 2015
- “Evolving Spaces: A Look at Local Library Renovations,” Boone Tree Library Association Biannual Meeting, Bristol, TN, April 2015
- “Hacking the OPAC: How to Create a Free Online Library Catalog,” Big Talk for Small Libraries Virtual Conference, Online, March 2015
- “De-Compartmentalizing Distance Librarianship: Emerging Roles for Distance and Online Education Librarians,” North Carolina Library Association College and University Section Mini-Conference, Charlotte, NC, December 2014
- “Best Practices in Flipped Instruction for Librarians and Other Educators,” P-16 Professional Development and Training Conference, Cleveland, TN, June 2014
- “Go Animate: Making Information Literacy Lively,” Association of Christian Librarians Annual Conference, Huntington, IN, June 2014
- “Exploring Best Practices in Integrated Learning in the Curriculum,” Association of Christian Librarians Annual Conference, Huntington, IN, June 2014
- “Using Subject Guides to Assist Students with Research,” Bryan College Monthly Faculty Meeting, Dayton, TN, January 2014
- “Using Google Sites to Create Library Research Guides,” Association of Christian Librarians Annual Conference, San Diego, CA, June 2013
- “Free Technology Tools to Make Library Instruction Portable,” Chattanooga Area Library Association Monthly Meeting, Cleveland, TN, February 2014
- “The Impact of Social Media in the Classroom,” North Carolina Community College Sociology and Psychology Association, Greensboro, NC, November 2013
- “Creating Stunning Infographics for Your Library,” Appalachian College Association Annual Summit, Knoxville, TN, October 2013
- “Defending the Value of the Academic Library: Proving Our Worth in the ‘Age of Outcomes’” Atlanta Area Bibliographic Instruction Group (AABIG) Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA, May 2013
- “Using Screen Cast-O-Matic for 21st Century Library Instruction,” Metrolina Library Association Instructional Technology Summit, Charlotte, NC, April 2012